Why is the best platform for eCommerce essential?
One of the most important factors in building an eCommerce website is choosing the right platform. It’s what allows you to build, manage and host your site in a way that’s easy for you and your customers to use.
There are a lot of different platforms out there and finding the right one can seem overwhelming at times. When choosing a platform, it’s important to consider:
- What kind of functionality do I need? Do I want a platform that’ll allow me to create more advanced stores or do I just want something simple?
- How much time do I have to spend on developing my store? Some platforms require more work than others (e.g., Shopify).
- Is there enough support available from third-party businesses if needed during development (e.g., WordPress)?
Ecommerce Web Development Tools
An eCommerce website is a website that focuses on selling products or services. It is also known as an e-store, online store, or virtual store. There are numerous varieties of eCommerce websites, including:
- B2B – Business to Business
- B2C – Business to Consumer
- C2C – Consumer to Consumer
The best technology for building an eCommerce site depends on the type of business you are starting and how much traffic you expect on your site. But all of them have one thing in common – they must be comfortable for clients to use and make them buy.
The best CMS for eCommerce
You can use a CMS to build your eCommerce website and this will be a great decision. The development of a website using CMS is usually less time-consuming and more cost-effective. CMSs are created in such a way that even a regular user can understand how to deal with them in the shortest period of time. In that way, the management of your online shop won’t be complex and never become a headache.
In RIVO AGENCY we consider WordPress the best CMS for eCommerce. It’s easy to use, has a huge community of developers and designers and it’s also great for beginners. The reason why we think that WordPress is the best option for beginners is that it has so many resources available that you can easily find help if you run into any issues or questions.
WordPress also makes it easy for experienced developers and designers as well because they’re able to customize their theme with ease through plugins. These plugins allow them to quickly add functionality without having to write code from scratch which saves time and money in development costs too!
If you need to track the activity on the website – use a plugin, need to add carts, payments, and other stuff – use a plugin.
Along with WooCommerce it becomes a powerful and versatile instrument with a ton of features, functions, and add-ons to bring your online shop to a new higher level.
Read also: “Node.js: Pros and Cons“
Other solutions for your online shop development
Sure thing there are a lot of other options to develop your online shop. For example, you can use custom web development services and create some unique solutions and stand out among the concurrent.
The only disadvantage of such an approach is the cost of development. To make something unique, you have to use create a unique design, and functionality and there won’t be any solutions out of the box unless you will decide to integrate some of them.
CMSs considered to be a better solution here and there are some more options than WordPress.
- Shopify. Online stores can be created by individuals using the specialized eCommerce platform known as Shopify. It is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms that powers millions of websites. Since Shopify offers a wide variety of themes and apps, you can create a custom-looking store on a reliable platform, which is why we love designing websites with it. Advantages: Shopify is incredibly simple to use, especially for beginners. Additionally, it is scalable and suitable for eCommerce sites of all sizes. You can really customize the style and appearance of your store using Shopify’s extensive selection of themes and apps. Cons: Because Shopify is just a closed platform, you must rely on Shopify for servers, updates, and security.
- Magento. With the help of the well-known eCommerce platform Magento, users may build online storefronts. Millions of websites make use of one of the most extensively used eCommerce platforms.. We’ve also created websites on the Magento platform, and we advise using it for bigger online retailers and international websites. Advantages: Magento is extremely adaptable and can be used for eCommerce sites of all sizes. Because it is open-source, you are not reliant on a single vendor for hosting, protection, or upgrades. Cons: Compared to some other technologies on this list, Magento can be a little challenging for beginners to use and requires more technical expertise.
- BigCommerce. BigCommerce is on par with Magento and Shopify, the two industry heavyweights. It’s a well-known eCommerce platform that lets users build online shops. BigCommerce is one of the most widely used eCommerce platforms and is utilized by millions of websites. Advantages: BigCommerce is incredibly simple to use, even for new users. Additionally, it is versatile that can be used for eCommerce sites of all sizes. BigCommerce offers a huge selection of themes and applications, allowing you to completely customize the style and appearance of your store. Cons: Because BigCommerce is a closed system, you must rely on it for hosting, upgrades, and security. How much power you want on your website is again an issue.
Choosing the best eCommerce platform or framework will help you build a powerful online store. However, there are many options to choose from and it can be difficult to decide which one is right for your business. In this article, we have discussed some of the most important factors to consider when choosing an eCommerce platform so that you can make an informed decision when selecting a solution.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get weekly updates on the newest design stories, case studies and tips right in your mailbox.