What is EMR
EMR stands for electronic medical records. To explain it simply, it is just an electronic variant of paper documents of a clinic with a bit more functionality. People don’t need to write papers, look for them, and fear that something can happen to them.
With an EMR app or software, it is much easier to handle big amounts of data and keep them safe. Moreover, for doctors who can just see and change the info through such a system, it allows saving time and not doing any extra work.
Patients in turn can see and monitor all the info. Also, the risk to lose the recipe or any other information from a doctor is minimal because all the info is digitalized and accessible from your cell phone.
Who needs EMRs
Nowadays, having a digital product like ERM is not an option anymore, it is a necessity. Any clinics have to survive in the medical market and the well-timed integration of technologies gives the opportunity to grasp the leadership among the concurents. Moreover, paper documentation decreases effectiveness and causes a lot of failures. So such a digital solution as ERM will be a perfect fit for any clinic, no matter whether it is state or private.
Benefits of using EMR systems
- Save space by eliminating the need to store, manage and retrieve paper documents
- Optimize workflow and increase the number of patients served per day
- Reduce administrative difficulties and operational costs
- Easily interacts with hospitals, pharmacies, laboratories, and government health systems
- Electronic records are customizable and scalable
- Collect and analyze patient data to reach specific populations
- Provide clinical alerts and reminders
- Enhance research and monitoring to improve clinical quality
- Provide built-in precautions against prescribing treatments that could lead to adverse events
- Track electronic messages to staff, other clinicians, hospitals, labs, etc.
- Links to public health systems such as infectious disease registries and databases
Benefits for patients
- Fewer errors on medical records
- Faster assessment and care by healthcare professionals
- Data and results are tracked over time
- Improved health diagnosis, treatment, and overall quality of care
- Identification of patients who should undergo preventive visits and examinations
- Increased privacy and security of patient data
- Reducing errors and improving patient care
- Enable evidence-based decisions at the point of care
- Additional post-visit information such as personal care instructions, reminders for other follow-ups, and web links
- Access to the patient’s own records to view medications
If you start using EMR systems, you will definitely become a strong competitor for other organizations and increase your own efficiency.
Medical software costs
The changes taking place in the healthcare system today require an emphasis on economic goals, resource management, and cost. The heads of medical organizations are already beginning to understand the need for comprehensive automation and the application of a process approach that combines the management processes of medical diagnostic and financial and economic activities. But the need for ERP systems to meet these challenges has started to be recognized.
In 2021, depending on how robust a system you require, EMR software can cost $980 – $1,200 and more depending on your needs. Electronic medical software prices are affected by the solution required, the number of users, and the number of locations where the software will be used.
If you work in the medical profession, you’ve heard about electronic medical records in the last several years. You may even have considered implementing electronic medical records software at your office.
To be honest, there won’t be a specific price, because there are a lot of factors that influence the cost of development directly. For example, the time of development, technologies, your requirements, and so on.
In order to figure out the exact price, the best decision will be to turn to an IT company like us, where professionals can estimate and calculate the price.
When you have decided to create an EMR system, you have to understand that development of the product is just one side of the coin. It is necessary for you to maintain it and this also costs some money. The expenses usually depend on the size of the EMR system, its functionality, and scalability if you want to grow.
The price often starts from $2000 and that seems a lot. But recall the benefits that such a system can bring. Marketing, efficiency, security, and attraction of new customers. Yes, you will pay some money for the system, but you know clearly that for earning money you have to pay money.
IT products are one of the main market advantages nowadays and if you want to take your place in the market firmly you must develop and implement them.
If you want to invest in some kind of solution that will give your business a real result, then the introduction of electronic medical records is what is worth your money.
With this tool, you solve at least 3 problems:
- Improving the efficiency of work with patients
- Improving the efficiency of staff work
- Building a competitive advantage.
We will be able to acquaint you with the prices for our development and select and compare different options. We are open to dialogue, so we will do our best to take into account your budget.
Innovative solutions develop every day and become an integral part of the life of all industries.
The medical field also requires them, because it plays an important role in people’s lives.
EMR software is an investment in your business that solves the problem of efficiency and brand building.
As EMR software continues to develop, interoperability—the ability to exchange information with others, is increasingly crucial to the healthcare industry.
RIVO AGENCY provides healthcare web and mobile app development services at reasonable prices. If you still have questions, we will gladly reply to them. We will help you to understand in detail the selection of the best solution for you.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get weekly updates on the newest design stories, case studies and tips right in your mailbox.